Swimming lessons for babies Geelong
Our Aqua Babies swimming lessons for babies and toddlers are the perfect introduction to water confidence and safety.
Aqua Babies swimming lessons for babies and toddlers will give your child water confidence and prepare them well for a lifetime of feeling comfortable and being safe in the water.
For babies aged 6-months to 2 and half / 3 years, our Aqua Babies swimming classes are designed to capitalise on your baby’s developmental milestones by introducing appropriate water activities that will lead to independent swimming as they get older.
Our Aqua Babies infant swimming lessons feature class sizes of just six babies, giving every child and carer the opportunity to participate as much as possible.
The Leopold Swim School baby swim lessons aim to develop:
- Water familiarisation – swimmer will feel safe, comfortable and relaxed in the water.
- Respect for the water – swimmer will understand how fun and exciting the water can be but the swimmer will also understand their limitations and potential dangers.
- Swimming skills – aim to doggy paddle to the edge of the pool independently in the event of falling into water
- Enjoying the sensation of ‘free swimming’ submerges with breath control
- Safety actions – griping edges and independent exits.
Most of all, our baby swim classes are a fun time between the baby and their carer! And it’s not only parents who get in the water, we also have many grandparents who have made our Aqua Babies classes a positive time to interact with their grandchildren.
All of our swimming classes for babies are held at our modern pool facility that features:
- A clean pool heated to 34degC – the ideal temperature of baby classes
- Clean and comfortable change rooms with showers. Our entire complex, including the change rooms and pool area heated during the colder months to keep babies warm and safe
- A cafe and glass viewing area, where there’s plenty of room for prams.
Leopold Swim School gets great feedback from parents who attend baby classes, especially from families who enjoy water sports or have taken their child on holidays and have experienced how much fun (and easier) it is to have a child that enjoys the water.
But, persistence is key to your child learning how to swim. Swimming skills are taught via repetition so it’s important babies and children attend year-round, and two classes a week are recommended.
Each term we run FREE Aqua Babies workshops to give new swimmers and carers a chance to experience an Aqua Baby class at Leopold Swim School
To enrol your child in Aqua Babies swimming lessons, you will find all you need to know on our Enrolment page – including our Pricelist and Term Dates (links to pdfs).
If you have older children, it’s good to know we also run Geelong learn to swim classes for preschoolers aged from two-and-a-half-years to when they start school, school age swimming lessons and a development squad.
Call us on 03 5250 1457 to book in your child or enrol online. You’re also welcome to visit our swim school at 1 Cypress Crescent, Leopold to see our facilities for yourself. See our opening hours for times.