Learn to swim with Geelong and the Bellarine Peninsula’s leading swimming teachers.
How to enrol for kids' swimming lessons
Leopold Swim School is widely recognised as leaders in kids swimming lessons with a focus on teaching proper swimming technique and small classes to help your child progress through the program. We invite you to join our swim school.
How do I join Leopold Swim School for the first time?
It’s easy to enrol at Leopold Swim School! You can either phone our centre on 03 5250 1457 or enrol online. The form will ask your availability and we do our best to accommodate requests.
After we receive your enrolment, we’ll arrange time for a free assessment of your child’s current swimming skills. It’s important that we assess all children (excluding beginners and babies), so we can make sure that they’re placed into a swimming class that will teach them the skills they need to become better swimmers.
After your assessment, we ask that you pay a non-refundable $40 deposit to secure your booking. Unfortunately, we cannot refund your deposit if you withdraw your enrolment.
Enrolment is welcome all year round and fees will be adjusted accordingly!
How do I rebook my child for swimming lessons next term?
We ask families to re-enrol each term to give us the best chance of ensuring all kids are placed in the appropriate Geelong swimming class, and to help each new term start smoothly.
You can re-enrol online or on the Leopold Swim School App. There are also forms available from reception.
What is the price of our swimming lessons?
The cost of swimming lessons are an investment in your child’s safety near the water. Find out our swimming lesson prices and dates for 2021 including baby swim classes, swimming lessons for preschoolers, swim lessons for school-aged kids.
Leopold Swim School policies
Swimming Caps: Every student aged 2 and a ½ years and above is required to wear a swimming cap in the pool. The cap is a vital way of helping keep our pool clean and provide a comfortable and safe environment for swimming lessons.
Goggles: Optional. Leopold Swim School do recommend goggles as we believe swimmers put their face in and become familiar with the water sooner.
Fee Payments: All swimming lesson fees are a term payment, which need to be paid by the due date. All outstanding fees will incur a late fee of $5 per child.
Credits and Refunds: No Credits or refunds will be offered on term fees for swimming lessons.
Make-up Lessons: Make-up lessons are a special privilege and, unlike your child’s other after-school activities (such as sports and dancing), we do offer limited opportunities for our swimmers to undertake make-up swimming lessons, under the following conditions:
- Our swim school must be notified prior to any absence by 9am for morning swimming lessons and by 3.45pm for afternoon swimming lessons to gain approval for a make-up lesson. If our swim school is not notified, the lesson is lost. Notification can be via email, phone or by completing an Absentee Form on the Leopold Swim School App.
- The parent of the student needs to arrange the make-up swimming lesson. The student will then be allocated a swimming lesson on another day.
- Parents of students, who will be away during the last week of term, need to book a make-up lesson prior to the last week.
- To book a make-up lesson see reception, call or complete a Make Up Request Form on the Leopold Swim School App.
- If the scheduled time for the make-up lesson does not suit, the lesson is lost.
- Make-up lessons cannot run over to the next term, they must be taken within the term that the original swim lesson was missed.
- Maximum of two make-up swimming lessons will be available to be made up each term. Make-up lessons will NOT BE BOOKED if swim fees have not been paid in full.